Self Storage Tips
We’re dedicated to helping our customers with all of their storage requirements whether it be self storage or vehicle storage. Our aim is to make the process as smooth as possible for all of our customers. Over the years we’ve been asked many questions so to help make your storage experience with us even smoother we’ve put together this handy list of storage tips:
- Make a list of all of the items you’d like to go into storage beforehand, saving yourself the risk of missing any items.
If possible, dismantle your furniture to save space. Wrapping items such as table legs in bubble wrap will help prevent any damage in the moving process.
- Protect items from scratching by placing dust sheets or protective coverings over and between them.
- Protect fragile or delicate items with bubble wrap and mark boxes as fragile to avoid any breakages.
- Any items you think you may need whilst in storage, place at the front of the unit. Extra time and money is spent trying to find items that have been tucked away safely at the back.
- Don't store anything that is either wet or perishable. Whilst the containers are watertight, we do not want to create the right environment for bacteria and mould to grow.
- Enlist the help of the experts - it may actually be cheaper to get a removal company to collect your items and put them into the container for you than doing it all yourself.
- Keep the key safe and adhere to the correct notice period to avoid any unwanted additional costs.
- For quick reference and access ensure boxes are labelled or numbered so you can easily access your items or files, having an organised system will make your life simpler. For ideas on racking systems and other storage solutions visit http://www.rapidracking.com/.
- Fill each box carefully and ensure you don’t overfill them to avoid accidents when manoeuvring goods.
- If you can, store office electrical equipment and computers in their original boxes or boxes of a similar size.
If you would like our advice on a particular matter or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 01903 730444 or Contact Us.