Vehicle Storage Tips
Caravan and Motorhome Storage
- Remove caravan wheels or raise tyres off the ground to avoid any flat spots, it is never too good to leave a vehicle parked in the same position for a long period of time.
- Drain any water systems completely before putting caravans into long term storage.
Be sure to check that all windows are closed before leaving your vehicle and that if you have left any vents open, they are secure and will not get damaged in the wind.
- Keep the exterior as clean as possible either by use of a fitted cover or by washing it down relatively frequently. Do not use a sheet/awning that is secured by rope as these can often come loose and cause more damage, not only to your vehicle but to others parked nearby.
- When returning from a trip away, be sure to remove all food and waste items, clean out and hoover the interior. Looking after your vehicle now will help it retain more value for when you want to sell to buy your bigger and better van!
- Close any curtains to prevent sun damage and also to keep prying eyes away.
- Help to maintain security levels by reporting anything suspicious.
- Put a wheel lock and/or hitch lock to increase storage security.
If you would like our advice on a particular matter or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 01903 730444 or Contact Us.